Big changes and Big possiblilities!
Yikes! I knew it had been a while since I posted, but I didn’t realize it was over two years!
So much has changed in the last couple of years, that I hope will help me be more diligent to keep up with this endeavor. While the main purpose of this blog is to present Christ in an honest examination of life, I will be adding some new topics.
Along with a what I hope to be a more frequent look into earnest Bible study, I will also be sharing new experiences in life, family, crafting and quilting as I continue on my journey as a grandmother and a blissfully retired woman. Yes, you read that right, the last year brought major changes.
First, our daughter and son-in-law blessed us with our first grandchild, Eli on Christmas Day 2016. We just celebrated his first birthday. It all seams so surreal to think it has already been a year. Our little Punkin has grown, matured, changed in so many ways in the last twelve months. He has brought so much joy to our lives that it is truly difficult to put it into words that convey the overwhelming smile in my heart.
Second, our kids moved back home from Lexington! I could not be happier to have them close by. Now instead of two hours away, they are a five to ten minute drive depending on traffic and stop lights! I get to see them face-to-face several times a week and I love it.
Third, I retired in May and my husband Bill retired in September, so now we are on Ott time, not work time. Admittedly much of our time is now planned around helping to take care of Eli while his parents are working, but that’s a blessing not a job. The honor of being able to watch him grow, and learn new things. To watch as his little personality develops and those big smiles spread across his little face when he sees his Pappaw... well, there is just nothing like it.
And, because of all these changes, I now have more time to quilt and craft. I had not done any quilting in a long time so this year I began a renewed journey of quilting. It has brought to mind many memories of sewing with my Mammaw Jane and the inspiration and comfort of being with her in my youth. Creating new quilts or other crafts has become an outlet for me and I hope to share some of that this year through this blog. So look for the quilting section coming soon!
I will also be sharing my bible study process this year. I purchased a new CSB Study bible and will be following a daily chronological reading schedule. I used a chronological One Year NIV bible a few years back and read through it several times. It was quite an eye opening experience. This year I am using a regular bible with lots of study notes and following the same chronological reading order. My prayer is that God will use this to speak not only to my heart and mind but also to those I get to share it with.
I know that’s a lot of information, so I think I will end this days entry with this...
God is the Creator, Our Heavenly Father, In control of all and fully loving and just. I see his hands in everything around me from family, to friends, to home and every little detail of life including the quilts I stitch together. I pray that you will too, if you don’t already, before this year is out!
Blessings and Prayers~
Sandy
So much has changed in the last couple of years, that I hope will help me be more diligent to keep up with this endeavor. While the main purpose of this blog is to present Christ in an honest examination of life, I will be adding some new topics.
Along with a what I hope to be a more frequent look into earnest Bible study, I will also be sharing new experiences in life, family, crafting and quilting as I continue on my journey as a grandmother and a blissfully retired woman. Yes, you read that right, the last year brought major changes.
First, our daughter and son-in-law blessed us with our first grandchild, Eli on Christmas Day 2016. We just celebrated his first birthday. It all seams so surreal to think it has already been a year. Our little Punkin has grown, matured, changed in so many ways in the last twelve months. He has brought so much joy to our lives that it is truly difficult to put it into words that convey the overwhelming smile in my heart.
Second, our kids moved back home from Lexington! I could not be happier to have them close by. Now instead of two hours away, they are a five to ten minute drive depending on traffic and stop lights! I get to see them face-to-face several times a week and I love it.
Third, I retired in May and my husband Bill retired in September, so now we are on Ott time, not work time. Admittedly much of our time is now planned around helping to take care of Eli while his parents are working, but that’s a blessing not a job. The honor of being able to watch him grow, and learn new things. To watch as his little personality develops and those big smiles spread across his little face when he sees his Pappaw... well, there is just nothing like it.
And, because of all these changes, I now have more time to quilt and craft. I had not done any quilting in a long time so this year I began a renewed journey of quilting. It has brought to mind many memories of sewing with my Mammaw Jane and the inspiration and comfort of being with her in my youth. Creating new quilts or other crafts has become an outlet for me and I hope to share some of that this year through this blog. So look for the quilting section coming soon!
I will also be sharing my bible study process this year. I purchased a new CSB Study bible and will be following a daily chronological reading schedule. I used a chronological One Year NIV bible a few years back and read through it several times. It was quite an eye opening experience. This year I am using a regular bible with lots of study notes and following the same chronological reading order. My prayer is that God will use this to speak not only to my heart and mind but also to those I get to share it with.
I know that’s a lot of information, so I think I will end this days entry with this...
God is the Creator, Our Heavenly Father, In control of all and fully loving and just. I see his hands in everything around me from family, to friends, to home and every little detail of life including the quilts I stitch together. I pray that you will too, if you don’t already, before this year is out!
Blessings and Prayers~
Sandy