Baby it’s Cold Outside…but oh so warm in here!
“ Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." John 7:38.
Here we are, first week of January, and we are experiencing our third major snow event of the winter season. As I sit here looking out the window of the study, I see lots and lots of white fluffy snow blanketing the ground. By now the road department has done its job by clearing the snow and ice from the roadway. There are still a few errant flakes floating in the air but for now the continued precipitation has for the most part dwindled down to nothing.
The coldness of winter sometimes makes me feel depressed and lonely. But on some level I actually find it comforting almost soothing when I am cut off from the rest of the world even if only for a short time. The lack of human interaction, ringing phones, incessant talking, horrible driver’s swearing as the pass by or nearly hit my vehicle, let’s be honest I just don’t miss it. Sometimes I need, we all need, some quiet time whether its in the form of a day off from work or just a few minutes each morning before I start my day.
In my quiet time I try to reflect, relax and connect with God. I spend time reading His word trying to glean some much needed guidance and wisdom from the living water of the Almighty. It is from Him and His word that I receive strength, courage, wisdom and hope. A reminder each day of who and whose I am.
Now, as I sit and look at the cold winter day outside my window, I feel a warmth in my heart and soul because I have spent time with Jesus. And because I believe in Him the streams of living water will flow from within me to give that warmth to others.