The Submission Mission

Luke 1:30-38 tells the story of Gabriel’s visit to Mary announcing the future birth of Jesus and Mary’s faithful response.

Luke 1:37-38 “For nothing is impossible with God.” Mary responded, “ I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.” And the angel left her.

When is submission to God’s will the hardest? For me it is when it is not what I am want or am hoping for. It is when life get’s harder or great sacrifices are required. When following God, trusting God, brings a loss of something I hold dear it is always most difficult to submit to His will not mine. However, in those instances, life is what it is. When I lose a loved one because it is their time it is out of my control but I have to look for purpose or comfort in knowing that those who have given their hearts to God do not experience death, but life everlasting with Him.

Sometimes I may be asked to give up something else or to sacrifice a dream or desire for the greater good. I cannot see it at the time, but learning to trust God, as Mary did, always brings about the best outcome. Maybe I won’t get what I want or what I think I need or deserve at the time I think I should, but I have to step back and keep my eyes focused on God. Pray and spend time in the Word so I have a better understanding of who He is and what His will is for me. It brings me to my knees because it is not easy. And, I must trust. It’s not always easy, but knowing that He has a better plan brings me comfort and reassurance when it looks like life is out of control.

Popular posts from this blog

Faithfulness in Waiting

A beginning, Day 4

God's Flashing Neon Sign