A beginning, Day 2
And the story continues! Yes, day 2 and I was up early enough to get my walk in prior to going to church. As I walked, I listened to Christian music singing praises to God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I was even closing my eyes at times just enjoying His presence there with me on the treadmill. (Yes, I held on to the hand rails just for stability :-) )
I remembered what it felt like a few years ago when I had lost quite a bit of weight and I could walk 3 or 4 miles on the treadmill at the YMCA. I had to keep reminding myself, that just like then, I would have to start slow and build my way up. Even though I had shed 150 pounds I still did not have the muscle or the stamina for that when I started. I had to begin in small increments. Then, I slowly would add more distance, more time and more incline to the machine as I walked. So today, on day 2, I added an extra degree of incline and 2 tenths faster on speed. I walked the same mile but did it a little faster and with a bit more effort.
It is difficult sometimes for me to keep my focus on the start and not try to jump straight to the end. Keeping a big picture goal in mind is not a bad thing, but if that goal seems too lofty it can be overwhelming. For me, it can actually discourage me to the point of quitting if I do not feel that I am making progress.
24:48 minutes 1.01 miles 2.0 incline and 2.7 mph
