A beginning, Day 3
Today was the first day of this new start that includes getting ready for work. Having a specific schedule to keep presented a challenge all its own. My clock was set for 6:15am but in my normal slow-to-move way I didn't actually roll out of the bed until 6:25. That meant that by the time I got dressed, got my water and got down stairs I didn't have as much time as I would have liked, but, I still managed to get in 15 minutes of walk time. In my book, it may not be the full mile I have done the last two days, however I did get 15 minutes and .70 miles that I normally had not done. Yay!
I want to do the exercise thing, but I was not willing to give up my devotion time with God. I talked to Him as I walked, as usual, but I still wanted to read my daily allotment of encouragement to face the day. This morning it was all about the power that is in the name of Jesus. Oh, how many of us underestimate the power in the name. Evil must flee at the mere mention of it. Calling on the name brings reinforcements from the Most High God. Not knowing the words to speak in prayer, just saying the Name is all we need to bring forth the Holy Spirit and full attention of the Father.
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:9-11 NIV)
Oh, howI love Jesus! I kept calling on him during my walk and asking him to keep me moving, wake me up and help me focus on the now not the end.
