A beginning, Day 5
This morning's devotion was about God's perfect plan for my life. It pointed out my inability to be perfect and how the plan is not perfect because of me but instead because God made it.
These last few days of this "new beginning" I have realized more and more that what I am capable of doing is less dependent on my will power and want to and completely rooted in the power of my God. I cannot answer why for sure this week has been different. I am not certain as to why He chose this particular moment in time to push me a little further. What I am absolutely confident in, however, is that what has been going on for the last few days is entirely by His will and not mine.
I believe as the scripture states that He began a good work in me. It also says that He has perfect timing. So, just maybe, what began a few years ago with my weight loss, the spiritual growth and the constant evolution are all pieces in the Sandy puzzle that God is still quite actively arranging to suit whatever He has planned for my future. I know that whatever it is, it is perfect, it will be good, and it will bring Him and his kingdom glory in some way.
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:3-6 NIV)
