Proper Connection to the Source

What a wonderful day I have had today doing techie stuff like learning a new software and hooking up a new monitor in my home office. Lost in my thoughts its been a time of reflection, investigation and just little bit of pure laziness. After half the day had flown by as I was intensely focusing on this new work setup, I was still wondering why this new monitor/ HDTV was so grainy at 1080p. I finally decided to change the HDMI port that my computer was connected to. Certain I had read the instructions correctly I figured it sure wouldn’t hurt to try. Wouldn’t you know it, all of the sudden the screen looks so much clearer with striking color depth. The edges of the flowers on the computer wallpaper were now sharp and precise. It was like putting a new pair of reading glasses and for the first time being able to discern the text without squinting or extending my arm to full reach.

Considering this much improved view, I realized I was given new vision for a dream that God had put in my heart years ago. No, I’m not talking about the computer monitor in particular, but the perseverance to pursue the dream in my heart of writing. This day has inspired a gleam of creativity and passion. A desire to spend some time working on the craft of writing. I was asking a question earlier trying to determine the reason why sitting down to write strikes a bit of fear in my soul. Why it is that I often procrastinate and never really even sit to type even the first word to a blank screen. I think I have a inkling of at least a part of the answer.

The blank screen is intimidating for sure, but somewhere inside myself I believe I do not have anything worth sharing. Nobody would want to read anything I would write. I simply did not know where to begin or what to write about. Just like my computer monitor, that needed the source of its display to be connected to it properly, I understand that I need to be properly connected to the source of my story. I spent way too much time focusing on deciding what I would write about I was completely leaving God out of the process. I certainly wanted to tell a story worthy of Him, but I had not truly connected to Him with full power so that He would be able to guide my words and show himself through the story. My goal can no longer be to write for success, measuring that by the response of others, rather it will be to seek connection with God above all else and let Him write my story.


Popular posts from this blog

Faithfulness in Waiting

A beginning, Day 4

God's Flashing Neon Sign